Welcome to Micha's corner of the Internet. In these pages you can discover
a little about myself and what I get up to
as well as some details about my favourite hobbies and past-times.
(not necessarily new news, news nevertheless)
- Feb 2022 - started a new job at
Woven Planet after 20
years at Sony PlayStation..,
scary and exciting!
- Feb 2022 - moved house, I now live in Koto-ku.
- Dec 2022 - Christmas break in Australia.
- Oct 2022 - Home Company visit back to the UK; catch-up with friends and colleagues.
- Aug 2022 - Motorbike weekend with Ben, Wilson, and Stefan. Thanks again to Edith
for once again lending me her KTM790 Adventure! Had a blast!
- Aug 2022 - Got the Lego 10497 - a remake of my childhood 928 for which I had
spent an entire year saving my pocket-money.
- Jul 2022 - Got Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! Lego model as I
just discovered it existed outside the movie. Cool!
- May 2022 - Dive trip to Ishigakii with Edith and her colleagues. Rented an
eScooter which was fun.
- Apr 2022 - Motorbike trip around Izu/Fuji area - thanks again to Edith for
lending me her KTM790 Adventure.
- Feb 2022 - Camping weekend on Bribie Island with the guys - FiSH, Mark, Richard,
- Jan 2022 - FINALLY able to get to Australia. Work let me go on an extended
remote-working trip. Catch up with friends, family, and finally met my
- Dec 2021 - Became an SDI Open Water Scuba Diving Instructor - SDI #33477. Come
and learn to scuba dive with me to experience a fantastic new world!
- Dec 2021 - Became an ERDI First Response and O2 Administration Instructor.
- Nov 2021 - Sold my Suzuki Bandit to Chet.
- Oct-Nov 2021 - Home-country visit to UK, catching up with work colleagues, friends,
and Leelou and Tanya.
- Aug 2021 - Motorbike trip through Nagano and Niku; thank you so much to Edith
for lending me her KTM790 Adventure!
- Jun 2021 - CCR Tech diving trip to Okinawa; awesome dives on the USS Emmons.
- May 2021 - Joined Haruki-san and Masahiro-san's Triton mCCR course in Osezaki.
- Apr 2021 - DZT golden week trip to Ishigakii.
- Apr 2021 - New toy time - bought a Triton mCCR and did a Triton CCR course
with Kurashina-san, culminating in a personal record depth of 54m.
- Mar 2021 - Skying trip with work colleagues.
- Feb 2021 - Tech-diving weekend in Osezaki.
- Dec 2020 - Home-country visit to UK, catching up with work colleagues, friends,
and Leelou and Tanya.
- Nov 2020 - DZT crew trip to Hachijoujima, DPV Exploration Edition.
- Nov 2020 - PlayStation 5 is launched! Congrats to everybody involved on
the culmination of all their hard work. And Micha has a new toy :)
- Nov 2020 - DZT and Tokyo Frogs combined scuba trip to Oshima.
- Oct 2020 - Graduated as a PADI Divemaster to help out with DZT. Thanks Ben!
- Oct 2020 - New diving toy - a Blacktip Tech DPV.
- Sep 2020 - Okinawa 2 - return to the USS Emmonds and exploration by DPV.
- Aug 2020 - Divetrip to Hachijoujima.
- Aug 2020 - Biketrip around Izu with Ben and Wilson - riding a BMW R1200 GS
- Jul 2020 - Divetrip to Okinawa - diving the USS Emmonds and more.
- Jun 2020 - Biketrip around Izu with Ben - riding a Ducati Monster 1200
- May 2020 - **CANCELLED DUE TO COVID** Golden Week trip to Palau.
- Apr 2020 - Daytrip visiting Enoshima to escape the house.
- Mar 2020 - Covid Pandemic begins spreading in earnest; early lockdown by
Sony, and starting to work from home.
- Mar 2020 - Kyrcee visits Tokyo!
- Feb 2020 - DZT trip to Yonaguni, diving with hammerhead sharks!
- Jan 2020 - Scubatrip to Atagawa, but no diving due to weather; visited the
Crocodile Zoo instead (dreadful, please don't go).
- Dec 2019 - Christmas back home in Oz with Tanya and Leelou
- Mar 2020 - Ingo visits Tokyo!
- Nov 2019 - Stephan visits Tokyo on his way to Australia!
- Nov 2019 - DZT trip to Hachijoujima.
- Nov 2019 - TDI Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures courses with DZT
- Oct 2019 - New scuba toy - a drysuit from Seaskin UK.
- Oct 2019 - TDI Sidemount and Solo diver with DZT.
- Sep 2019 - DZT Kumomi and Toi diving weekend - dive #200!
- Sep 2019 - New diving toy - Shearwater Perdix AI dive computer.
- Aug 2019 - climbed Mt Fuji!
- Aug 2019 - Jürgen visited me in Tokyo, sight-seeing and scuba-diving.
- Jul 2019 - First-Aid refresher and Rescue Diver course with DZT in Osezaki.
- Jun 2019 - New diving toy: XDeep Stealth 2.0 sidemount BCD.
- Jun 2019 - Last-minute dive trip to Hachijojima with DZT.
- May 2019 - Golden Week dive trip with DZT to Malapascua (Philippines) to see thresher sharks.
- Mar 2019 - Annual "home company" work-trip back to UK.
- Mar 2019 - Ski trip with FiSH and colleaguea to Yuzawa Onsens
- Feb-May 2019 - FiSH visited me in Tokyo :)
- Jan-Mar 2019 - Elite:Dangerous "Distant Worlds 2" expedition
- Dec 2018 - Finally got to dive the HMS Brisbane with Tatiana!
- Dec 2018 - couple of weeks back "home" in Oz over XMas.
- Nov 2018 - Atagawa/IOP "santa" dive weekend with DZT
- Nov 2018 - Osezaki dive weekend with DZT
- Nov 2018 - Atami dive with TED
- Oct 2018 - Atami dive weekend with DZT
- Oct 2018 - Atagawa dive weekend with DZT
- Sep 2018 - New toy: Mavic Air drone.
- Sep 2018 - Danni and Lyn visited me in Tokyo :)
- Sep 2018 - Koganezaki dive and camping weekend with DZT.
- Sep 2018 - Mikomoto dive weekend with DZT.
- Aug 2018 - Mum visited me in Tokyo :)
- Jul 2018 - Kumomi Dive weekend with TED.
- Jul 2018 - Hachijojima Dive trip with DDT.
- Jul 2018 - Kumomi Dive weekend with DZT.
- Jun 2018 - Miyakejima Dive trip with DZT.
- Jun 2018 - Osezaki dive weekend with DZT
- Jun 2018 - Tateyama "shark dive" with DZT
- Jun 2018 - Back to Diving! Got a full set of Scuba gear now and
starting to explore the diving around Tokyo.
- Apr 2018 - Work-trip to New York. Unexpected catch up with Emmanuel!
- Mar 2019 - Last-minute ski weekend joining FiSH at Shiga Kogen (Nagano)
- Mar 2018 - move to Tokyo, Japan, for a secondment with Sony.
Contact me for updated address and phone number details.
- Jan 2018 - New Toy - a QNAP-T453A NAS.
- Jan 2018 - Weekend to Cologne
- Dec 2017 - Work-trip to Tokyo
- Sep 2017 - Work-trip to Tokyo
- Sep 2017 - Wakinyan Rally with the Silverbacks
- Jun 2017 - LaveCon 2017
- Jun 2017 - WSFH Rally in Holland
- Feb 2017 - 3 weeks in Australia looking after mum in hospital after her operation.
- Dec 2016 - Jürgen's wedding and New Year in Berlin
- Dec 2016 - Bought a Suzuki 650 Bandit, The Blue Devil.
- Dec 2016 - Hells Bells concert and spa weekend with Joanna
- Dec 2016 - Nocturnal concert
- Sep 2016 - First Aid Course - thanks to work.
- Sep 2016 - Tubby Orpe's wedding
- Sep 2016 - A week in Italy with Mum - Rome, Pisa, Pompeii, ...
- Aug 2016 - Long weekend to Paris with Mum.
- Jul 2016 - LaveCon
- Jun 2016 - "Dolomites" motorcycle tour with Stu
- May 2016 - WSFH Star Party Holland
- Jan-Mar 2016 - Elite:Dangerous "Distant Worlds" expedition
- Dec 2015 - Christmas back in Oz; Tatiana learns to Scuba dive.
- Nov 2015 - quick trip to visit Microsoft in Seattle for work.
- Oct 2015 - 20th Anniversary PlayStation Party
- Sep 2015 - Wakinyan Rally
- Aug 2015 - Birthday with uncles in Cologne
- Aug 2015 - Black Forest motorbike trip with Martin Orpe
- Jun 2015 - Star Riders Germany Party
- May/Jun 2015 - Poland Tour
- May 2015 - WSFH Star Party Holland
- Apr 2015 - Weekend trip to Germany for Annemie's birthday
- Apr 2015 - Weekend motorbike trip to Germany with Abbas
- Apr 2015 - Bought a "new" motorbike - a Yamaha Wildstar
- Feb 2015 - Weekend to Germany for Sebastian's shop opening
- Jan 2015 - Camping weekend in Byron Bay
- Dec 2014 - Christmas in Australia
- Dec 2014 - Scuba Diving in Cairns with Julie Comatsu; NOX Course
- Nov 2014 - Charlie Bear in London
- Oct 2014 - Business trip to Tokyo.
- Sep 2014 - Weekend in Berlin - Dana's Berlin Marathon and visiting Juergen.
- Aug 2014 - Wakinyan Rally
- Aug 2014 - Germany with Mum; RIP Fritz Leyer; RIP Opa Bonn.
- Jul 2014 - Rock'n'Blues Rally, Ripley.
- Jun 2014 - Unwanted Rally, Burton upon Trent.
- May 2014 - LSC Calais Rally.
- May 2014 - Inga's Birthday walk.
- Mar/Apr 2014 - Business trip to Tokyo.
- Mar 2014 - Glen in London.
- Feb 2014 - Early birthday present for Dana - a trip up the coast of Norway
to see the northern lights.
- Dec 2013 - Christmas in Germany at Dana's parents, including a fantastic daytrip
to Bad Wilznack.
- Nov 2013 - 10-Jahre DIL
- Nov 2013 - PS4 Launch in UK!!
- Oct 2013 - Weekend in Germany
- Oct 2013 - Spaldings in London
- Aug 2013 - Wakinyan Rally
- Aug 2013 - Get trailer for bike; meetup with Silverbacks.
- Jul 2013 - RBLR Rally - South Wales.
- Jul 2013 - Mum in London.
- May/Jun 2013 - Work trip to Tokyo.
- Mar 2013 - LSC Easter Rally with Inga.
- Feb 2013 - Completed Dan Boneh's Cryptography I course on Coursera.
- Jan 2013 - visited Sarah and Lionel in San Francisco.
- Dec 2012 - Christmas & New-Year's in Brisbane.
- Dec 2012 - Dana's sisters wedding in New Zealand.
- Nov 2012 - Scuba Diving on Heron Island with Jürgen.
- Nov 2012 - New Toy! A Sony NEX-6 camera.
- Oct 2012 - Roadtrip to Cairns with Mum and Tatiana for the Solar Eclipse.
- Sep 2012 - Richard's 40th Birthday party in Hong Kong.
- Jun 2012 - Shoulder of Mutton's
30th Cowpat Rally with the Silverbacks!
- Jun 2012 - Guns'N'Roses concert at the O2.
- May 2012 - Motorcycle tour through Germany with Dad, Stu, and Dave.
- Feb 2012 - Completed my RYA Day Skipper Practical course at
Solent Sailing School.
- Feb 2012 - Completed a SCRUM-Master training course.
- Jan 2012 - New-Years concert at the O2; Kasabian.
- Dec 2011 - Christmas in Germany at Dana's parents.
- Aug 2011 - Holiday to Greece with mum and Dana.
- Aug 2011 - BREAK IN! Lots of (uninsured) stuff stolen, but we're ok.
- Jul 2011 - Motorcycle tour around Spain for the Faro 2011 rally.
- May 2011 - Graduated the RYA Dayskipper Theory course.
- Apr 2011 - Little Ship Club rally to Portland Harbour.
- Apr 2011 - Motorcycle tour around northern Wales with Marcus and Dana.
- Dec 2010 - very snowy christmas in Germany at Dana's relatives.
- Aug 2010 - motorbike trip to Wales with Markus and Dana.
- Jul 2010 - my cousin Annika's wedding in Germany.
- May 2010 - ride-outs to Valley Gardens
and Pevensey Castle
- Feb-Mar 2010 - extended working holiday to Australia to visit family and
- Dec 2009 - snowy christmas in Germany at Dana's relatives.
- Dec 2009 - Got a new toy - a Nokia N900. Debian-based phone goodness!
- Aug 2009 - Completed a RYA Competent Crew practical course with Dana at
- Jul 2008 - Work-trip to St. Petersburg. Had Olga's sister Lena show me
around a bit - awesome!
- Jun 2008 - Motorcycle Tour with Stu to Germany.
- Jun 2008 - Got a Nokia N95 as an (almost) free upgrade. More about it
- May 2008 - Great Bears
Pizza Rally - Motorbike camping trip to Bakewell in the
Peak District. [Pics]
- Apr 2008 - Got the all-clear from the Leukaemia, woohoo!
- Apr 2008 - Started back at work full time.
- Mar 2008 - Trip to Australia to visit friends & family after being given
the ok to travel by the doctors.
- Dec 2007 - Christmas in Germany with Dana's family.
- Sep 2007 - Finally repaired my guestbook which I hadn't realised was
broken ever since upgrading the server to Debian 4.
- Aug 2007 - Moved into my own flat in West Ealing due to the Leukemia - if
you want the details, send me an email.
- Jun 2007 - I got diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) and will be
treated at Ealing Hospital over the next half-year or so. Visitors
- Apr 2007 - Easter and an uncles' silver wedding anniversary party near
Bonn/Cologne in Germany.
- Mar 2007 - PLAYSTATION®3 is finally launched in Europe! My PSN nick is,
surprise surprise, “Micha”.
- Jan 2007 - I finally treated myself to a new laptop, my trusty Dell I8100
finally starting to show its age after 5 years of round-the-world service.
It's being replaced by a Sony Vaio TX47, nice and small for future
- Dec 2006 - Holiday in Australia with Dana.
- Nov 2006 - Work-trip to Shanghai and Australia for
- Oct 2006 - A week in Paris with Dana followed by Sarah and Lionel's
wedding at the Chateau Brecourt in Normandy. Nice.
- Aug 2006 - Camping trip in Wales with the Great Bears
- Jul 2006 - Meeting in Paris and 1-week motorbike trip to Lake Constance and
- May 2005 - CANCELLED
Euro Star Days
2006 - Motorbike Trip to Germany and France
- May 2005 - Trip to Prague and Czech Republic with mum
- Apr 2006 - Bugger It RC's The Poo of Doom Rally at the Three Horseshoes near
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. Weekend of camping with motorbikes.
- Mar 2006 - revamped the Motorbikes section of my
- Mar 2006 - bought a bike-lift to start doing services on my bike.
- Dec 2005 - Christmas with Scott and Judd near Manchester.
- Sept 2005 - Week bike trip to Wales and Orkney's from 2nd Sept to 10th
- Aug 2005 - Another year older.. 33 this time.
- Jul 2005 - 1 week holiday to Rome with Morgen and Dana to catch up with
Glen and Karen again.
- Jun 2005 - weekend to Paris to catch up with Glen and Karen.
- Jun 2005 - a 1-week conference to (mostly) sunny Malta, where I managed
to squeeze a couple of dives in in-between sessions.
- May 2005 - Great Bears bike rally to Dent -
- May 2005 - Weekend bike-trip to Exmoor with Dana -
- March 2005 - Weekend to Germany for grandad's 90th birthday party!
- February 2005 - Group Conference in Brighton via Motorbike.
- February 2005 - Motorbike trip to Manchester for Scott's birthday.
- February 2005 - A quick 1-week surprise visit to Washington DC for morning's
birthday. Also squeezed in a road-trip to New York to
- January 2005 - Visited Richard and Melissa in Singapore on the way back
- December 2004 - Christmas / New Years in Brisbane.
- December 2004 - Motorbike trip with Angy from Melbourne to Adelaide.
- December 2004 - AGDC 2004
- November 2004 - surprise visit to my uncles party in Cologne, Germany
- September 2004 - long weekend camping in Wales with the Great Bears.
- August 2004 - bike-trip around Cornwall, here are some
- August 2004 - a short holiday to New York and Washington DC -
here is the diary.
- July 2004 - I got my
- July 2004 - A daytrip along the southeast coast of England.
- July 2004 - I finally configured all of my domains to point to my
server - go me!
- June 2004 - I got a gmail email
account thanks to the bestest flatmate ever: Sarah!
- May 2004 - long weekend to Paris! The trip report is
here, pics to come.
- April 2004 - morning visited London for a day-and-a-half. Here are
- March 2004 - 4-day trip to Mallorca, the pictures are here.
- Febuary 2004 - 3-day team conference in Edinburgh
- Febuary 2004 - Long weekend in Germany for Aunt Walli's birthday party.
- January 2004 - Long weekend in Holland for Kimmie's birthday and work.
- December 2003 - Ski-holiday to Meribel
ski resort in France is booked! Going on the 26th with
Scott and Justin, whee!
- December 2003 - I built myself a Guestbook!
Everybody go and sign it :)
- November 2003 - long weekend to Germany for my uncles 50th
- August 2003 - long weekend trip to Budapest (via Vienna) with Mark for
the Formula 1
- August 2003 - 1-week trip around Great Britain with my mum. Read the
or take a look at the
- July 2003 - I got my left nipple
- July 2003 - 2½day weekend to
Liverpool and Wales with Isabel.
- June 2003 - 4 day holiday to Ireland
with Mark and Jenny.
- January 2003 - I got my right
- December 2002 - Went to Australia for the
AGDC in Melbourne where I gave a
presentationfollowed by a roadtrip with my flatmates and then
christmas in Brisbane with friends and family.
- November 2002 - moved to Ealing.
- August 2002 - took advantage of my birthday (which I celebrated with
relatives) and work (attended the
Leipzig Games Convention) to go on a roadtrip through Germany for a
week - Cologne, Black Forest, Nuremburg, Leipzig, Berlin.
- March 2002 - Got a job! I'm now working for
Computer Entertainment Europe's Technology Group in London!
- April 2002 - Did the typical aussie thing and got a flat in Earls Court
- April 2002 - long weekend trip up to Aberdeen via Edinburgh with a
side-trip to Loch Ness.
- Febuary 2002 - moved to London.
- January 2002 - Visited Washington D.C..
- November 2001 - Start of 2 months holiday in Canada with Nadine.
- August 2001 - moved back to Mum's to get ready for the trip to England.
This also means that my home-server is no longer online, and some links
may be broken until I get around to fixing them.
- July 2001 - Weekend dive-trip aboard the Esperance Star, working on my
Wreck Specialty certificate.
- June 2001 - Long weekend dive-trip aboard the Esperance Star, earning
me my Advanced Diver certificate. Writeup coming..
- May 2001 - First business trip to the
Evolve 2001 conference in Sydney.
- April 2001 - Short camping trip on
Moreton Island. And
here are some piccies!
- February 2001 - Bizarre! My
got linked by about.com. Doubly weird because it's been
offline since the beginning of Feb due to mum unreasonably wanting
her video-camera back in time for the birth of her second
- February 2001 - I'm an uncle! My sister had a baby girl at 10:28,
22-Feb-2001, GMT+10. Her name is Hannah Veronika Ford, and she
weighed in at 3,520gm (7lb12). And, as promised, the
pics! Here are some more
- February 2001 - Moved to Paddington! I'm now about 25 minutes walk away
from work, yayy!.
- January 2001 - Long weekend down to Sydney to visit
Faelix and to climb the Sydney
Harbour Bridge! Lotsa fun, and some pics are
here! Writeup to follow.
- January 2001 - Nothing big here, just a new email addy with
start.com, an Australian
freemail site which is nifty because you've also got a http-based
icq-like system. Check it out :)
- November 2000 - Job upgrade - I now work for the R&D section at
- October 2000 - It's toy-time! At the Gartner Conference I pounced on
a good deal and bagged a Palm IIIc - much
- August 2000 - I'm off on my Europe 2000 Tour, see what I get up to with
- June 2000 - Java WebCam
- May 2000 - Third time lucky: Finally managed to go
- April 2000 - Added a page about my motorbikes
- April 2000 - My Calendar
is now online.
- March 2000 - Major reorganisation of my web pages, warning
: bookmarks may no longer work.
- March 2000 - Yayyy, I _finally_ got my graphics card, an
Asus V6800 Deluxe.. The Deluxe bit means it has video in/out,
and as result I'm playing with setting up a
Check it out :)
- February 2000 - Holiday with
Dini, whee :) Some sort of holiday snaps page will get done,
I'm sure. Eventually.
- February 2000 - I got my new PC!! An Athlon 500, which is decked out with a
host of goodies. I'll put up a spec page of my various computers
sometime soon (hah!).
- October 1999 - I've finally gotten around to converting my
Resume to html, and putting it on
- August 1999 - Holiday in Canada! So if I'm
not around, you now know why not...
- July 1999 - Brisbane AuroraMud-Meet! (No piccies yet, hold your horses..)
- July 1999 - Kinda got off my butt a tad and did a bit of work on
this here homepage thingy of mine... As a result you get this
nifty news section. Enojoy!!
- May 1999 - I (finally) graduated
for my Master of Information Technology at
- December 1998 - New job!! December 7th I started working at
which is the (privatised) information technology branch of the
Queensland Government. Impressive title too - 'Senior
- August 1998 - Ok, so I liked diving so much I booked onto a short diving
holiday to Indonesia.
- August 1998 - A holiday in Darwin got me into SCUBA
Diving after getting a taste of it earlier that year.